Not into laying mulch but maybe interested in other gardening activities? Check out the dates for 2021 and see what works for you. As usual, we work from 9:30 am to 11:30 am on these days, weather/temperature permitting.
Use the sign up sheet to find a regular gardening day that works for you.
Guidance for Gardening Safety These guidelines are for the safety of all volunteers, please read them all carefully before you participate on the gardening day you’ve signed up for (use the link above to sign up). Guidance has been pulled together from sources including 4-H.org and various other community gardening organization websites. Guidance will be updated as needed to address additional safety requirements that may come up.
- If you are sick, please do not show up for gardening.
- No gardening will occur if temperatures are under 45 degrees Fahrenheit or over 85 degrees Fahrenheit or before 9:30 am. If you show up, you are gardening at your own risk.
- Masks are required. If you have difficulty breathing due to the outdoor temperature, please stay home.
- Wash your hands after gardening. Soap and water will be available onsite .
- Hand sanitizer will also be provided onsite.
Equipment and Other Necessities
- Bring your own water and hand towel to dry your hands after washing them.
- For your own safety, bring your own gloves.
- Bring your own tools. Gardening clippers or pruning shears are small, easy to transport tools. Until we have a good process for cleaning the shed tools they will not be widely available.
- Trash bags will be provided. However, if you wish to bring your own, please purchase black, heavy duty trash bags intended for garden waste. Do not bring kitchen trash bags.
Look forward to seeing you all again and working with you. If you can’t make it, that’s ok too.
- Gardening areas will be assigned the day of each session. Please remain in your area and or practice social distancing for your safety and the safety of others.
- Gardening will focus on weeding and pruning as we do every year. In addition, our big project this year is to fill in the sloped garden bed along 2nd and C Street.
*FYI – these dates are weather contingent.*